Er. Gursimran Singh Dhillon

Er. Gursimran Singh Dhillon
Er. Gursimran Singh Dhillon, Punjab Civil Services, Rank 4.


Note:
Kindly go through all the articles of this blog before putting up a query.
Incase you do not find your answer, feel free to send an email at
gsdhillon186@gmail.com


Contact No. 7717300030 (WhatsApp only)

Saturday, March 7, 2015

First Article: My Journey

First of all, i want to declare that i have not been amongst the toppers at School and College levels, though i was not below average either. I got 87% in 10th and 86% in 12th and 79% in my B. Tech.


All of us dream, and at the centre of our soul lies an aspiration to achieve one thing or the other. For me, it was Civil Services.
This aspiration developed because of various reasons, which i will share with you in this article.
For some, parents are the role models, while for some, teachers, renowned personalities, etc are the role models, for me it was a bit of all.
We all have an urge to work for our aspiration, but an ignition is required, and as i got into College, i started reading blogs of various Public Servants. Though i didn’t start with the syllabus, but i believe the first step is always knowing about all the ins and outs of the field you are going to get into. So i started research on my own.
On the other side, as i was in Chandigarh and my friend circle was huge, i was captivated by the charm of the city beautiful. Gehrie, Disc, Kasauli were part of the routine. But at the centre of my mind, it was always clear that the more i enjoy, the harder i will have to work to achieve my aim. This continued for 3 long years, with blog reading and research in the background, and when i got into the final year of my graduation, i started serious preparation for Civil Services and dedicated myself to this field.
One very important thing that i want to mention is that, one does not need to cut himself off from his friends provided he has some real friends. Real friends never obstruct your ambition, rather, they are the biggest support system as in my case.
With the grace of god, i passed out College in June, 2013 and in December, 2013 PCS Exam was notified and it took a year for the entire exam process.
On 27 Feb 2015, when the result was declared, i don’t have words to describe the joy of my parents, friends and well wishers. In seconds, you are what you always wanted to be.


I wish all the aspirants best of luck. May Wahe Guru Ji bless you all.

10 comments:

  1. Bai teri mehnat tere notes dekh k e pata lag gyi c.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really motivational blog..........Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Gursimran...U did it in one attempt... Wao

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Gursimran...U did it in one attempt... Wao

    ReplyDelete
  5. really hats off have u took any coaching???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have taken guidance from various sources. My effort will be to consolidate everything i learnt on this platform.

      Delete
  6. Hats off to your success ...you made your parents proud

    ReplyDelete